Sylvan Lake State Park Yurts
There are three 20’ diameter, round tent-like buildings called yurts nestled in the trees 4 ½ miles into the park on East Brush Creek Road. (9 miles from lake) Stream fishing, hiking, wildlife viewing and more are available from this peaceful site. For 2013 the Yurts are available May 17 - November 17.
- Limited solar lighting; no electricity
- Storage cupboard
- Two futons and one bunk bed (2 singles)
- Table and four chairs
- Outdoor universally accessible picnic table, fire ring and grill
- Outdoor bear-proof food locker
- Outdoor vault toilet
- Flush toliets and coin showers avaialble at Sylvan Lake Campground mid-May to mid-October (9 miles)
- Yurt 1 is closest to parking and bathroom
- Yurt 3 is furthest from parking and bathroom
- Pets only permitted in Yurt #3 ($10/night additional fee)
Guests should bring items they would take on a campout...
- Bedding, such as sleeping bags or blankets and pillows
- Lantern or flashlights
- Cook stove and cooking utensils for outdoor cooking
- Appropriate clothing for outdoor activities
- Food & water
Check cabin and yurt fees and check the Park Map for locations. Reserve cabins or yurts online, or call 1-800-678-2267 or 1-303-470-1144. The lock combination to your Yurt will appear on your reservation confirmation. For a printable Cabin and Yurt Brochure, click here.